The Challenge Begins

Written by haskellch on Sunday, February 21, 2010 at 10:48 AM

Thus far, the films that have been weighed in on were films that I went to in the theater, not knowing that I would eventually challenge my self to see all the Oscar nominated films. Not a bad start, but leaving 33 films to see.

As a film student for three years, I would watch the Academy Awards every year and never know half the films nominated. I would see them later (Michael Clayton & No Country For Old Men come to mind as two I saw after the awards) and I wished I would have viewed them before.

Looking at the list remaining, I was worried I would not find half of them or go broke seeing them for 8 bucks a pop in the theater. Imaginarium and Nine disappeared from theaters just as soon as they appeared (at least around the Minnesota/North Dakota area). Marcus Theaters brought some of the films back (Precious, Blind Side, Crazy Heart, & Lovely Bones). Fargo Theatre got Up In The Air, Young Victoria, and now A Single Man.

A good chunk of the films were released on DVD already, so those would be the easiest to view, since I work at a video store after all.

Online streams of the remaining films and wishful thinking would have to cover the rest of the films on the list.

I thought it would be easiest to break them up into sections and take them out that way.

DVD/Blu Ray
Coraline
A Serious Man
(the only short I have access to): Wallace & Gromitt: A Matter of Loaf and Death
Bright Star
Food Inc.
Julie & Julia
Paris 36
The Cove
Coco Before Chanel
In The Loop
Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince


Theaters
Crazy Heart (West Acres)
A Single Man (Fargo Theatre)
Up In The Air (Fargo Theatre)
Avatar (Century)
Blind Side (West Acres)
Lovely Bones (West Acres)
Precious (Century)
Princess & Frog (Safari)
Secret of Kells (@ Fargo Film Festival - Wednesday March 3rd)


Not on DVD/Blu Ray -or- in Theaters
Burma VJ
An Education
Fantastic Mr. Fox
Il Divo
Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus
Invictus
Last Station
Messenger
Most Dangerous Man in America
Nine
Which Way Home
White Ribbon
Young Victoria

(33 FILMS TO GO)

0 Responses to "The Challenge Begins"