Wallace & Gromit-A Matter Of Loaf & Death

Written by haskellch on Wednesday, March 3, 2010 at 11:12 AM

WALLACE & GROMIT - A MATTER OF LOAF & DEATH

Up For: Best Short Film, Animated

As the only short film I will be viewing this year, I do not have much to compare this film to. However, this film was solid. Nick Park definitely has enough background to achieve an Oscar from his work.

The story of the film is predictable and meant for children (even the subject matter is somewhat adult). The story is recycled from many other short stories, but the comedy is still there, especially in the facial expressions of Gromit (the dog). Overall, claymation is not my favorite, but it is tough, especially to get emotion to come from a lump of clay. I enjoyed the innuendos and allusions to other films like Ghost.

I will probably pick this as the film to win, since it was the most widely released and, essentially, the only short animated film I viewed in the Oscar Challenge

(7 FILMS TO GO)

0 Responses to "Wallace & Gromit-A Matter Of Loaf & Death"